Camps permitted from the start of week 7
[The following excerpt is from COVID-19 Communications to all SA Department for Education Staff 2/3/22]
Additional camp operations in specific settings will be allowed from the start of week 7 following updated advice from SA Health.
In addition to day excursions and SACE based camps, overnight camps can be held if they comply with the following:
- tent camping only (preferably single occupant, maximum 2 people)
- held entirely in outdoor natural environment – no indoor communal settings (such as dorms)
- single classes or entire year levels separated into class-sized groups
- sole occupancy of the campsite by the school or cohort where possible
- travel time not to exceed 2.5 hours.
You must confirm if the camp provider has a COVID Safe Plan in place and adhere to any additional requirements set out in the plan.
Importantly, classes should not go on camp if the class is temporarily closed or on a PCR regime on advice from SA Health.
Students and staff should not go on camp if they are symptomatic or feeling mildly unwell.
A contingency of rapid antigen tests should be taken on camps for the circumstance whereby a staff member or student becomes symptomatic and PCR testing facilities are not easily accessible.
Arrangements should be in place so that parents pick up any students who become symptomatic while on camp, and staff can return home if symptomatic.